Monday, March 1, 2010

A poster by the name of dbro posted a conky config on the crunchbanglinux forum that had an interesting idea about recording data over time and then displaying the data as averages for a period of time via bars.

I took a look at his Lua script but I couldnt work out how it worked :)
I also thought his bars were confusing. I think it was partlly because of the way he was using the Lua script with conky. He wasn't using cairo to display the bars but parsing the Lua script and then creating bars via the $hr conky object.

I liked the idea of being able to compare computer usage now, to avergae usage over a set time period, so I took dbro's idea and applied my own logic and code to achieve this end. This is what I came up with:



The code is here on the crunchbanglinux website. Here you can alse read a little about the evolution of this script and in dbro's post below he sets out a less intensive way to achieve the same result. I have yet to try and implement dbro's method but the cogs are turning as to how I would apply it.

No comments:

Post a Comment